Friday, September 24, 2010

Opportunity Knocks a Melody

I have been (sigh*) unemployed since moving here to the big city.

Upon meeting new people I found myself pridefully labeling myself a "homemaker" or would suggest I was "taking time to find myself." Whatever that meant.

I am a twenty one year old college graduate with many credentials, a good employment history, and well, a great smile. After applying to countless non-profits, internship opportunities and coffee shops I found myself frustrated and confused. Then I heard of Public Allies, a leadership development program led by Michelle Obama, the first lady. I applied and after a very difficult recruitment process I am hired. God is so good. Even when we are confused and don't know where to turn or what to do.
-tm-

Public Allies member as of September

No comments:

Post a Comment